Due to Labuan International Bank Financial Centre’s stable administrative framework, adaptable and convenient tax regimes and low cost of set-up and development, it has strongly drawn many global investment bankers to set up in Labuan Jurisdiction Investment Bank are given somewhat different in business activities, hence need different license to operate.
Timeframe: around 6-12 months
Minimum capital: £18,40,000 or its similar in any other currency
A Labuan investment bank can be created as a division or subsidiary and registered or organized under the Labuan Companies Act 1990. The application may be received from:
- An investment bank or group joining in investment banking ventures licensed by the administrative authority in the country of origin
- A licensed bank or an accepted financial institution or financial service provider managed by a qualified regulatory authority
- Any businesses licensed under the Financial Services Act 2013 with prior permission from Bank Negara Malaysia; and
- Corporations with significant expertise and knowledge in the commercial industry with at least three years of good track record and controlled by an authority in their home country
Labuan investment banks are not authorized to receive deposits.
- The strategic location of Labuan to obtain the Asia Pacific especially Asian businesses
- Great infrastructure, management, and amenities of the Labuan IBFC
- Labuan is a “white” listed jurisdiction, supports the bilateral exchange of tax info
- Passage to more than 70 double tax agreements with Malaysia
- 100% ownership is permissible