The financial & technology area is arguably the most rapidly evolving in modern times. With no lack of innovations to name, cryptocurrencies have drawn the most attention from the investment community as well as the mainstream. Not only investors, but the general public are further opening up to new ideas to think regarding money. This spike in interest has driven to the development and succeeding growth of the cryptocurrency business, whose active development has kept regulatory bodies as well as policymakers under pressure. The result is that companies, both huge and small, are excited for more a more pleasant atmosphere to develop and grow. This unique circumstance is what brings us to Estonia.
Timeframe: Around 4 months
Minimum paid-up capital: GBP 2,178.00
Estonia has a clear and convenient legal and tax background for cryptocurrency transaction and crypto wallet services provider companies (e.g. 0% corporate income tax). This small European Union nation of just 1.3m people is considered as one of the world’s most advanced digital countries, it is a generally recognized choice to jurisdictions like Malta, Gibraltar or Switzerland, only with lower costs and easier management. Our legal team helps with the end-to-end setup of blockchain and crypto business structures with a complete range of maintenance services, including licensing.
The following documents and information will be required in order to obtain Cryptocurrency exchange license:
- Internal control rules of the company.
- Internal procedure rules of the company.
- Company’s website address.
- Contact details of the person in charge.
- Data on the compliance officer appointed for the prevention of money laundering and terrorist funding.
- Data on the person who is in charge of the command of the international economic sanction and who has been selected by the undertaking in accordance with Estonian legislation.
Testimony of criminal records of a beneficial owner.