The Cayman Islands are inhabited in the western Caribbean and are recognized as one of the significant financial centers in the world. In contrast to traditional offshore jurisdiction, Cayman business services industry is well-regulated thus having a very definite reputation among investors.
Timeframe: Up to 4 months
Minimum paid-up capital: No minimum or maximum amount designated for commissioned, issued or paid-up share capital
Initial minimum subscription :
- Not less than 77, 000 Pound per investor; or
- Property interests must be listed on a stock exchange recognized by CIMA
The Cayman Islands is the leading domicile for investment funds, drawing 80% of all new offshore fund formations. Cayman is expected to house more than 75% of the world’s offshore hedge funds and almost half of the management’s predicted US$1.1 trillion of assets under management.
Conyers has long experience, acting as Cayman Islands guidance to several hundred important asset management groups and investment reserves, many of which are difficult multi-fund structures, ranging from CIMA-registered hedge reserves to private equity and venture capital funds.
- The Cayman Islands are one of the significant financial centers
- No local presence needed
- A bank account can be created in any bank
- No local corporation, income, capital gains, profits or withholding costs for Cayman exempted companies
- High level of asset protection